What The Lever Reported This Week:
• Airlines Filed 1,800 Reports Warning Regulators About Boeing’s 737 Max — After the planes resumed flying in 2020, documents show operators reported hundreds of safety problems to federal regulators.
• Will Biden Rescind Trump’s Boeing Immunity Deal? — If proven true, claims of safety problems and falsified records could breach a deal that shielded Boeing from prosecution after two deadly crashes.
• The Oligarch Exemption For New Business Disclosure Rules — After a multimillion-dollar lobbying blitz, Wall Street firms got themselves exempted from anti-money-laundering requirements being imposed on small businesses.
• A Fossil Fuel Miseducation — How an oil and gas organization in Illinois is promoting misinformation in schools.
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: Emergency Aid Gets Accessible — Plus, cancer vaccines work, states aim to tax the rich, and a fossil fuel project gets delayed.
Stuff To Watch Or Listen To:
• LEVER TIME: The State That Could Cost Biden The Election — David Sirota speaks with Michigan senate candidate Hill Harper about how the state could swing the presidential election.
• MOVIES VS. CAPITALISM: Michael Clayton (w/ Matt Strackbein) — The MVC team uncovers the truth of Tony Gilroy’s 2007 corporate espionage thriller.
• Stranded at Davos? Boeing abandons Sec. Blinken at WEF due to ‘gas leak’ — The Lever’s Katya Schwenk joined Rising to discuss our latest Boeing reporting.