What The Lever Reported This Week:
• Trump Donors Get Bailouts, Truckers Get Layoffs — In a trucking giant’s bankruptcy, workers and taxpayers get crushed, while a Trump-linked firm gets a government cushion.
• The Climate Culprits Blocking Workers’ Heat and Wildfire Protections — The same corporate lobbying groups blocking action on climate change are fighting efforts to protect workers from its intensifying effects.
• Alito Previously Told Lawmakers He Would Obey Ethics Laws — To get confirmed, the justice pledged to follow an anti-corruption law that he later ignored. Now he says Congress can't regulate the Supreme Court.
• Ron DeSantis, Fake Populist — The Florida governor pretends to attack the elites with an economic agenda that would preserve his big donors’ power over Americans’ lives.
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: Grassroots Power Threatens Dirty Oil — Also, workers get wage protections, the energy future approaches, and tenants build power against the corporate elite.
Stuff To Watch Or Listen To:
• LEVER TIME: How PragerU’s Propaganda Machine Infiltrated Florida Schools — The Audit hosts examine right-wing media operation’s plan to infiltrate the public education system.
• MOVIES VS. CAPITALISM: John Q w/ Nina Turner — The MVC team rewatches the 2002 health insurance drama John Q.
• LEVER TIME PREMIUM: Who Does The Supreme Court Answer To? — The Lever team and paid subscribers discuss the troubling legacy of SCOTUS Chief Justice John Roberts.
• WATCH NOW: Everything PragerU Gets Wrong About Health Care — Health care reform advocate Wendell Potter provides a line-by-line rebuttal of the propaganda network’s cartoon about Canada’s universal health care system.