Today we’re launching a new Lever Reader e-book, available exclusively to paid supporters of The Lever.
Profits Over Patients: The Corporatization of American Health Care And What You Can Do To Protect Yourself weaves together years of investigative reporting on America’s extraordinarily complicated health care system, identifying the private interests and craven politicians profiting off misery.
The result is a sweeping account of America’s cruel, dysfunctional, and corrupt health care system — and a toolkit you can use to protect yourself and your loved ones from exploitation.
To access Profits Over Patients and much more at a major discount, click the link below.
The Lever’s e-books are the ultimate deep dives into accountability journalism. In Profits Over Patients, the Lever team breaks down the latest troubling developments in the state of American health care:
- How private insurers are taking over and scamming from Medicare, costing taxpayers as much as $140 billion a year.
- Why Democrats are letting states purge millions of low-income Americans from Medicaid, often for arbitrary reasons like missing a piece of mail.
- How hospitals are padding executive pay and investing in Wall Street while their nurses strike over short staffing and meager pay.
- How pharmaceutical giants have gotten away with charging Americans the highest drug prices of any wealthy country — even though the U.S. public subsidizes all their drugs.
- And how you can protect yourself from corporate health care’s worst practices — and fight for reform.
Profits Over Patients, like our other e-books, is only available to our paid supporting subscribers. They can read them on the e-reader of their choice, or download them and read them at their convenience.
Becoming a paid subscriber also gives you access to special live and virtual events, commenting abilities on articles, special newsletters, and more. Most importantly, you will directly fund our journalism to hold the powerful accountable in ways corporate media never will.
As soon as you become a paid subscriber, you will receive an onboarding email with a link to Profits Over Patients and our other e-books.
Rock the boat.