What The Lever Published This Week:
• TV's Big (Dark) Money Secret — As political ads blanket our screens like never before, the broadcast and tech lobbies are reaping the benefits of protecting the secrets of their dark money benefactors.
• The Hole In Boeing's Inspection Program — Whistleblowers and regulators say Boeing’s self-inspection program helped lead to safety problems, including a recent catastrophic door plug malfunction.
• Shadow Landlords Strike Back — Backed by real estate money, Gov. Kathy Hochul refused to make public the secret, problematic companies that own a wide swath of New York.
• The Plan To Take Out Voting Rights — Conservatives are launching a new battle to destroy what’s left of the Voting Rights Act.
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: States Cancel Medical Debt — Plus, more states make Big Oil pay for climate change, new consumer protection rules block junk fees, and the EPA strengthens regulations for forever chemicals.
Stuff To Listen To:
• LEVER TIME: The Anxious Generation, Brought To You By Smartphones — David Sirota speaks with researcher Zach Rausch about the myriad ways modern technology is rewiring childhood development.
• MVC: Cradle Will Rock (w/ Harvey Kaye) — The MVC team discusses the 1999 historical dramedy about the demise of the Federal Theatre Project.
The Lever In The News:
• Epstein Billionaire, ONLY FANS CEO Major AIPAC Donors — Amos Barshad appears on Breaking Points to discuss his story “Inside The Israel Lobby’s New $90 Million War Chest.”