What The Lever Reported This Week:
• The Missing Inflation Data — The Biden administration is getting bad data and bad advice — but there’s a way out.
• @BigBrother Is Following You — Inside ShadowDragon, the tool that lets immigration agents track expectant mothers and online gamers.
• LEFT WONDERING: Time To Rebrand Climate Change? — Reintroducing Left Wondering with Joel Stein, an advice column on how to lead an ethical life in an increasingly unethical world.
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: Building A Greener Tomorrow Today — Biden announces a youth climate corps, while California makes it easier to fix your gadgets and the government comes for Amazon.
Stuff To Watch Or Listen To:
• LEVER TIME: The Serious Science Of Extraterrestrial Research — David Sirota speaks with Harvard astrophysicist Avi Loeb about the controversial field of extraterrestrial research.
• Top Obama-Biden Dems Lobby To Kill Wealth Tax On Country's Super Rich — Julia Rock appears on Rising to discuss “Top Dems Press Supreme Court To Block Billionaire Tax.”
• UAW Strike Demands Fairness for Workers While U.S. Automakers spend billions on Stock Buybacks — Lucy Dean Stockton appears on the Counterpoint radio show to discuss “Automakers Hand Billions to Shareholders While Stiffing Workers.”