What The Lever Reported This Week:
• The Fog Of War In Israel And Palestine — As the long-running quagmire erupts into more bloodshed and destruction, we need to stop dehumanizing the conflict and acknowledge both sides’ pain and suffering.
• Swamp Thing — Republicans’ temporary speaker, Patrick McHenry, received 90 percent of his campaign cash this year from lobbyists and industries he regulates — and only $856 from small donors.
• A Plan To Stop The Vulture Funds Fueling Global Debt — As conversations on the global debt crisis heat up, activists push New York State lawmakers to take on exploitative private creditors.
• Toxic Rail Sale — Cincinnati voters will soon decide on whether to sell their publicly owned railroad to Norfolk Southern, the corporation behind the East Palestine derailment disaster.
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: Electric Vehicles Will Be Union Made — Plus, California protects restaurant employees, Vermont brings batteries home, and Biden kills junk fees.
Stuff To Watch Or Listen To:
• LEVER TIME: The Fog Of War In Israel And Palestine — David Sirota sits down with two foreign policy experts for a comprehensive discussion about the ongoing conflict in the MIddle East.
• LIVE EVENT: Ro Khanna On His Anti-Corruption Plan To Save Congress — Watch a replay of this online chat, where paid subscribers listened live and asked questions in real time.
• MOVIES VS. CAPITALISM: 9 to 5 (w/ Patricia Resnick) — The MVC team interviews the screenwriter of the radical pro-labor comedy.
• LEVER TIME PREMIUM: Coming Of Age In American Poverty — The Lever speaks with Nikhil Goyal, former senior advisor to Senator Bernie Sanders, about his new book on the American education system.