What The Lever Reported This Week:
• How The GOP’s War Machine Could Help Hamas — Republicans aim to slash funding for the agency that recently blocked funds flowing to the terrorist group.
• Is Trump’s Georgia Prosecutor Really Democracy’s Savior? — Fani Willis is using headline-grabbing RICO cases to boost her national image as a liberal crusader. In Fulton County, Georgia, her critics tell a different story.
• Leonard Leo’s Fight Against Abortion Access — Leo’s dark money network has spent $18 million opposing the campaign to enshrine abortion rights in Ohio’s constitution.
• Bidenomics Failed Its Inflation Test — Economist Hal Singer on Team Biden’s refusal to aggressively tackle rising prices — and why we’re all worse off because of it.
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: Auto Workers Win Big — Plus, California cracks down on driverless cars, Big Oil faces a trial in Hawaii, and killings drop nationwide.
Stuff To Watch Or Listen To:
• LEVER TIME: How Conservatives Won The Court — David Sirota speaks with the former head of the American Constitution Society about the shortcomings of liberal legal activism.
• MOVIES VS. CAPITALISM: Bee Movie (w/ CJ Koepp) — The MVC team unpack the muddled propaganda of the 2007 animated children’s film Bee Movie.
• LEVER TIME PREMIUM: The Corporate Takeover Of Music — The Lever explores the recent corporatization of the online music platform Bandcamp amid a sale to Songtradr, and what it means for the music industry, in this bonus episode that is open to all.
• MOVIES VS. CAPITALISM PREMIUM: Killers Of The Flower Moon — The MVC team chat about Martin Scorcese's new film, Killers of the Flower Moon, and other media-related topics.