What The Lever Reported This Week:
• “The Battle For Global AI Dominance” — A battle is brewing in the U.S. Copyright Office over artificial intelligence’s use of copyrighted material — and Big Tech is spending millions to ensure they win.
• Airline Unions Aim To Preserve Sky-High Credit Card Fees — To safeguard airline reward programs, some industry unions are splitting with their labor colleagues and teaming up with big banks.
• LEFT WONDERING: How Do You Have Thanksgiving With Trumpy Relatives? — Plus, do electric vehicles burn dangerous rubber?
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: Here Come The Solar Canals — Plus, New York Takes On PepsiCo, Florida’s anti-drag law is stopped, and Starbucks workers walk out.
NEW E-BOOK: Protect Yourself Against Corporate Health Care
Profits Over Patients: The Corporatization of American Health Care And What You Can Do To Protect Yourself weaves together years of investigative reporting on America’s extraordinarily complicated health care system, identifying the private interests and craven politicians profiting off misery. Our e-books are exclusively for paid supporters of The Lever.
Stuff To Watch Or Listen To:
• LEVER TIME: How Shareholder Advocates Transform Corporations — The Lever speaks with the non-profit organization As You Sow about their work in shareholder advocacy.
• MOVIES VS. CAPITALISM: Network (w/ Josh Olson) — The MVC team discusses Sidney Lumet and Paddy Chayefsky’s biting satire about the television news industry.