What The Lever Reported This Week:
• The Case Of The Missing Health Care Providers — Many health insurers’ online provider directories are inaccurate or out-of-date, to the detriment of patients and health care professionals alike.
• SBF’s Victory From Behind Bars — Federal regulators allow a small cryptocurrency firm to vertically integrate, deregulating the industry just like Sam Bankman-Fried wanted.
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: New Year, New Wages — Plus, a Texas Court throws out a billionaire-backed free speech case, bank tellers organize their industry, and EVs get more accessible.
Stuff To Watch Or Listen To:
• Introducing MASTER PLAN — The Lever’s upcoming podcast series exposes the 50-year plot to legalize corruption in America. Listen to the trailer now.
• How The 2008 Financial Crisis Led To “The Squad” — The Intercept’s Ryan Grim explores how crises during the Obama administration formed the politics of the Squad.
Thank You To Our Newest Lever Leaders:
Lever Leaders provide us with our highest level of support and score additional perks in return. We highlight folks who’ve taken that step, and the reasons they say they’ve done so:
- Jonathan Brosnan Williams: “I became a Lever Leader because The Lever does great work that I want to support, and I've been a fan of David Sirota for many years.”
- Donald Missey: “Leverage should level the field when it comes to dealing with the poorly documented role of lobbyists in perverting democracy.”
NOTE: You must be logged in to LeverNews.com when you click the button above to upgrade.