What The Lever Reported This Week:
• A $64 Billion Bank Heist — The nation’s biggest banks are netting big profits from rising interest rates while ripping off everyone else.
• LEFT WONDERING: Will Going On A Cruise Kill The Earth? — Plus, does flatulence impact global warming?
• YOU LOVE TO SEE IT: Free Filing, Finally — Plus, researchers uncover a rare positive climate turning point, and both insider trading and pipelines come under scrutiny.
Stuff To Watch Or Listen To:
• Live Event Replay: Naomi Klein & Omar Baddar On The Gaza Onslaught — David Sirota and guests explored the ongoing onslaught and humanitarian catastrophe in the Gaza Strip.
• LEVER TIME: The King Of The “Self-Help” Grift — David Sirota examines the rise of “happiness” guru Arthur Brooks and explores the contradictions of the multibillion-dollar self-help industry.
• LEVER TIME PREMIUM: Rupert Murdoch’s Climate Legacy — David Sirota speaks with Media Matters’ Allison Fisher about media mogul Rupert Murdoch’s damage to the climate movement.
• MOVIES VS. CAPITALISM: Antz (w/ Max Epstein) — The MVC team discusses Dreamworks’ 1998 animated film about class consciousness in a bug’s world.