We also always welcome freelance story pitches. Click here to learn how to pitch us.
Job status: Full-time
Salary: $50,000-$65,000, depending on experience
The Lever is looking for a diligent and resourceful reporter with a track record of delivering impactful investigative stories that shed light on the inner workings of the U.S. political and financial system. The reporter will use record requests, subject-matter expertise, and a deep well of sources to generate eye-opening investigative scoops and analyses based on the news cycle of the day.
Candidates who have a history of groundbreaking reporting in the realm of politics, business, technology, or the environment will be considered. The reporter will be expected to file a story a week, with the opportunity also to develop and deliver longer deep-dive reports.
This is a full-time, fully remote, and salaried position with benefits including a generous health care stipend, office expense reimbursements, and paid time off.
- At least three to five years experience as a reporter.
- Experience filing record requests, tracking political donations, and scrutinizing business records.
- A strong grasp of what makes for a good Lever story.
- A keen ability to track and respond to the ever-shifting news cycle.
- Proven aptitude in hitting deadlines and filing clean and accurate copy on complex, highly scrutinized matters.
- Comfort and proficiency in operating independently, while also working in harmony with a small team of hardworking remote journalists.
- Commitment to The Lever’s subscriber-supported model and approach to accountability journalism.
- The passion, imagination, and ambition needed to build a transformative news organization.
How To Apply For These Opportunities:
Send a cover letter, resume, references, and three clips to email@example.com.
The Lever is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.